Volunteer Opportunities with FSCR 2015- 2016
We will continue our volunteer restoration efforts by working on properties owned by The Nature Conservancy along the Santa Clara River, as well as at the Hedrick Ranch Nature Area. The location of future workdays will be posted on the Ventura Audubon website www.venturaaudubon.org.
LONG PANTS AND BOOTS OR CLOSED SHOES ARE REQUIRED
For the safety of our volunteers (and the local rattlesnakes), this dress code will be strictly enforced!!
NOTE: Substantial rainfall cancels the workday!!!
Directions to the Hedrick Ranch Nature Area from Ventura
- East on Hwy 126.
- Exit 10th Street (Santa Paula).
- Left at the end of the off ramp.
- Right on Harvard (first light).
- Right on 12th street (first intersection). 12th Street turns into South Mountain Road after crossing the Santa Clara River & going around a curve to the left.
- Go 3.7 miles to #20395 South Mountain Road on the left.
- Turn left onto the dirt road and follow to the end (~ 1/2 mile).